Photo by Lovisa Ranta
That’s how you say happy new year in Scotland! And that’s exactly where I am spending the last of 2015 visiting my friend Amel.
Thank god that this year is over.
It’s been a long uphill battle with a long distance relationship and regrettable choices, I’ve suffered through all time lows with my mental health and started going in therapy. There hasn’t been any year that I’ve shed as many tears as this one and it’s finally finally coming to an end. Obviously there isn’t any spell at midnight that will magically transform my state of mind or life, it will take lots of time and effort. I hope though, that at least some of it can be contained and left behind with this year’s end.
However I am grateful for all the insights I’ve gained. Also my trip to NYC, my more honest and close relationship with my family and of course the support from all of you. Thank you for forever reading and commenting. <3
My top revelations this year is:
– pomegranate is the best
– Frida Regeheim is my goddess
– dry shampoo will save your day and night
– jobs that kill your soul can go fuck themselves
– it’s possible to get out of rough patches in relationships
– always play your guilty pleasures, especially in taxis and with people you don’t know
– wear cool shit to interviews, even if it’s inappropriate
– always make up with friends, even if it’s been four years, it’s always worth it
– approaching or passing your 30s doesn’t have to include kids or calming down
– apathy will always be worse than failing